Towards Everyday Spatial Computing
29 July 2015 — Since the introduction of Structure Sensor on Kickstarter in 2013, we’ve built a powerful SDK featuring consumer-grade SLAM technology to enable 3D capture that is orders of magnitude cheaper and easier than before. Using Structure SDK, developing a state-of-the-art 3D reconstruction app is now no more difficult than developing a 3D game.
Our hardware and software platform is being increasingly adopted by industries including medicine, architecture, visual effects, and 3D printing. Industry leaders like 3D Systems, ILM, and many others, have used our technology. We’ve recently started to show how our technology will impact virtual and augmented reality.
But the vision does not end here. We believe that as computer vision enables your devices to 3D reconstruct and understand your surroundings, it will unleash a disruptive new wave of computing where software can operate over real world spaces. We call it spatial computing, and it’s bigger than just us.
Today, along with our existing investors Foundry Group and K9 Ventures, we’re excited to welcome new investors Intel Capital, Grishin Robotics, and Shea Ventures, who all share our vision of the future of computing and have invested $13M in our Series B.
This new funding will allow us to rapidly advance the Structure platform, and accelerate initiatives to bring spatial computing to everyday life.
- Occipital unites with the team from GeoCV to launch R&D office in Moscow2019
- Structure Sensor Mark II announcement2019
- Structure Core announcement2018
- Paracosm Acquisition announcement2017
- TapMeasure announcement2017
- Bridge GA announcement2017
- Bridge Launch announcement2016
- Replica Labs Acquisition announcement2016
- Lynx Acquisition announcement2015
- Series B announcement2015